10 Days / 9 Nights
Santiago de Cuba, Camagüey, Moron, Trinidad & Havana
From USD $6500 per person
What’s included in your Bespoke Cuba Travel Wander Cuba package:
- Cuba tourist entry Visa
- Cuba Travel customs documentation
- Cuba Travel health form
- Airport and hotel transfers
- All ground transportation in Cuba
- Deluxe accomodations
- All Supplies, equipment and tool rentals
- All meals (no menu limitations)
- Unlimited beverages including alcohol
- Cuba Travel Specialty guides, instructors, drivers, translator / trip assistant
- Entrance fees to all attractions, exhibits, concerts & special events
- A USB with a fully chronicled Cuba Travel tour-history confirming your trip, “directly benefited the Cuban People” (US Govt requires you to keep this for 5 years).
- All Taxes and Gratuities
Wander Cuba Day 1 Santiago de Cuba
- Santiago de Cuba has soul. Cuba’s second-largest city is justifiably proud of its heroes, beautiful plazas and vibrant musical tradition. Its proximity to Jamaica and Haiti has infused the city with a distinctly Afro Caribbean spirit that is seen in its art and architecture, heard in its music, and celebrated in its exuberant festivals. Its rum made from sugarcane and aged in oak barrels is the best of all the rum produced in Cuba and even in all of the Antilles.
- Depart Miami at 6:27 PM on American flight 1139 arrive Santiago de Cuba at 8:10 PM. Dinner at Saint Pauli Paladar (“Paladar” is a restaurant not owned by the Cuban government). Then check into the 5-star Hotel Melia Santiago de Cuba Dancing, cigars, Cuban coffee, nightcap and or dessert at Melia hotel’s nightclub
Day 2 Santiago de Cuba
- Hotel Breakfast buffet. Visit the Museo Nacional del transporte (Automobile Museum), it maintains an impressive collection of old antique cars.
- Discover the incredible multi-level stone fortress known as Castle of San Pedro de la Roca del Morro. Designed in the early 1600s as a defense against raiding pirates, the Legendary fortress is among the most picturesque places in Santiago de Cuba. Visit the First Coffee Plantations in the Southeast of Cuba. It is a cultural landscape highlighting colonial coffee production from the 19th century.
- For lunch take a short ferry ride to El Cayo Paladar. This restaurant is located right on the water, with great views of Santiago and the surrounding Sierra Maestra mountains.
- Return to mainland. Santiago’s historical center is best explored with a walking tour through the romantic streets of Parque Cespedes. The remainder of the afternoon is yours to explore the city as you wish. Dinner at Paladar Restaurant Aurora.
- Live music and dancing at La Casa de la Trova, Santiago’s shrine to the power of traditional music is still going strong 50 years after it was opened. The place warms up on the ground floor in the late afternoon, then the action slowly gravitates upstairs where, come 10pm, everything starts to get a shade more “caliente.”
Wander Cuba Day 3 Camaguey
- After breakfast depart Santiago de Cuba for Camagüey.
- Camagüey was founded in 1514 by Spanish colonists. It’s Cuba’s third-largest city, the suavest and most sophisticated after Havana. The arts shine bright here and it’s also the bastion of the Catholic Church on the island. The town was developed on the basis of an irregular urban pattern that contains a system of large and serpentine streets. In 2008, Camagüey’s well-preserved historical center became Cuba’s ninth UNESCO heritage site. The city celebrated its quincentennial in 2014.
- Upon arrival check into El Gran Hotel followed by lunch at a local paladar, Take a walking tour of Camagüey’s city center. Visit Martha Jimenez’s Studio Workshop. Martha is an artist with international fame. You will be impressed by her colorful and impressive paintings and her sculptures. Free time for you to explore Camagüey as you wish. We suggest you get lost in the city and perhaps explore some of its riveting galleries. Upon arrival check into El Gran Hotel followed by lunch at a local paladar, Take a walking tour of Camagüey’s city center.
- This evening we will head to the countryside and visit King Ranch located in a small town that was frozen in time. You will enjoy a concert, a barbecue dinner, a rodeo exhibition, and most interestingly a visit to the cowboy’s humble homes. Meet their family members while you enjoy dessert.
Wander Cuba Day 4 Moron
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel and drive across Cuba’s picturesque countryside on your way to the small town of Moron, a municipality within Ciego de Avila (“sky full of birds”) province. It’s also referred to as the town of the rooster. Check into your casa particular (B&B), La Concha Azul (it has a beautiful pool).
- Enjoy this small town at your leisure. We suggest visiting Moron’s Municipal Museum, take a boat ride on La Laguna de la Leche (“Milk Lagoon”), enjoy your casa’s pool and or visit one of Moron’s gorgeous neighboring beaches.
- Celebrate the evening with a block party potluck festival in your honor. Town locals will bring along their favorite dishes for you to savor. Live music and dancing. Continue the party at La Cueva nightclub or retire for the evening.
Wander Cuba Day 5 Trinidad
- After breakfast we travel to Trinidad, Cuba.
- While those with limited time or desire stick to Havana, those in the know take the time to swing by this UNESCO protected city. The island’s colonial masterpiece is located between mountains and a beautiful ocean. Trinidad is a colorful city stuck in the 17th Century. Immerse yourself with a walking tour of the city with a professional guide and enjoy its Colonial architecture and rich history.
- Check into Trinidad’s Iberostar hotel. Subsequently have lunch at paladar Sol y Son. Visit an elementary school and donate art supplies. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure, may we suggest visiting the artisan bazaar and a tour of the Valle de los Ingenios (valley of the sugar mills)? Followed by Dinner and live jazz.
Wander Cuba Day 6 Trinidad
- After breakfast visit some local galleries and artist studios then on to Playa Alcon one of the region’s best beaches.
- Late rooftop lunch with a Cuban family.
- Afterwards we will stop by La Taverna La Canchánchara where you can enjoy a local and refreshing cocktail, the Canchanchara. Later, we will have dinner at Paladar San José followed by live music and dancing at Trinidad’s version of La Casa de La Música.
- Early evening depart Trinidad for Havana.
- Upon arrival in Havana check into your oceanfront B&B or hotel.
Wander Cuba Day 7 Havana
- After breakfast, take in a guided walking tour of Old Havana and visit El Museo de Bellas Artes (Museum of Fine Arts). Lunch at “Esto no es un Café”. Meet the Condom winemaker. It’s not what it sounds like…entirely. The La Habana-based winery of entrepreneur Orestes Estevez churns out unique concoctions made not just from Cuban grapes, but also from ingredients like tropical fruits (such as guava) and vegetables (like watercress and beets). Orestes keeps costs down by using condoms instead of more expensive equipment.
- Free time on your own; we suggest a Salsa dance lesson or a visit an NGO and learn how they are contributing to Cuban society. Later, take a tour of Havana’s Malecon (esplanade) in your convertible 1950’s classic car. Dinner at Jibaro, located in San Isidro, one of the most picturesque areas of Old Havana. Followed by Live music and dancing at Casa de La Música
Wander Cuba Day 8 Havana
- Breakfast then visit ‘the assassination attempt museum,’ it chronicles the many attempts to kill Fidel Castro. Meet with Carlos Alzugarai a former diplomat. Subsequently visit to an “Agro” a subsidized farmers market where you will purchase fresh produce using Cuban pesos. Later take those fruits and vegetables to a cooking class (lunch).
- Remainder of the afternoon on your own to explore Havana as you wish. Next, dinner at Antojo, one of Havana’s hippest restaurants followed by Live music and dancing at La Fabrica de Arte Cubano,
Wander Cuba Day 9 Havana
- This morning you will have breakfast with Marc Frank a Cuba based American journalist who writes for Reuters and the Financial Times. Learn about his life in Cuba as a foreign correspondent. Enjoy your afternoon in Havana on your own, we recommend a day at the beach, shopping in Old Havana or just get lost and discover this 500-year-old city.
- Tonight, enjoy dinner at CASA, one of the first paladars to open after the fall of the Soviet Union. Followed by a night at the infamous Tropicana Outdoor cabaret for a stunning performance of Cuban Music and dancing. The Tropicana introduced the showgirl concept renowned in Las Vegas.
Wander Cuba Day 10
- After breakfast meet with a group of entrepreneurs as they explain the complexity of developing and running a business in a Communist nation.
- Visit a children’s hospital and learn about Cuba’s renowned health care system.
- Late lunch at Jibaro paladar
- Experience the rest of the afternoon on your own; suggestions will be made.
- This evening we head for the airport for your American Airlines 9:10 PM return flight to Miami.